Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Sunday, 28 June 2009

Monkey Mind

The words, stories and messages are spinning round my mind in a water-logged whirlpool. I can see them but I can’t make them stop long enough to grab hold of one of them.

Everyday I experience something new, see something differently, learn something about myself and the world, do something new or realise a dream. There is so much I want to share and write about like the joy and pride in completing my Divemaster, the freedom, exhilaration and fear in learning to ride a motorbike, environmental concerns about seas of rubbish, choosing my next adventure, preparing to leave, the simple pleasure of eating fresh, ripe fruit and veg straight from the plants, and gratitude for the life that I have. But at the moment the topics just keep circling inside my head like a never-ending merry-go-round and I can’t focus my words in a meaningful, flowing stream. The incessant bombardment distracts my meditation and disturbs my sleep. Yes, I am suffering from Monkey Mind.

Today I have packed my bags in preparation to leave Phuket on Monday. I am going to Koh Phangan, not for a full moon or half moon party for which it is infamous, but to detox and cleanse my body, mind and soul. Eight days of fasting and cleansing, yoga and meditation, swimming, lying in the hammock on the verandah of my bungalow resting and reading in another tropical paradise is sure to restore some calmness to my mind and see the words flow.

Tomorrow I ride around this island I have called home for the last two and a half months and say farewells, some temporary and some permanent. And I ride for the thrill of riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment