Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Friday, 30 September 2011

Catching stars

Tonight I stood on a deserted beach, alone. My feet sank into the cool, soft sand, connecting me deeper to the earth. Before me, the sea, jet black except for the white foamy tops of its breaking waves, rushed in towards me with a roar then bubbled softly as it slinked back towards its mass. Occasionally the breeze flicked at my loose clothing and tousled my hair as it passed by me, leaving me enveloped by the warm night air. I turned my head up towards the cloudless sky, star-gazing. Slowly, I spun around, eyes locked to the heavens, absorbing the magnificence of it all. These tiny twinkling dots, radiating brightly in the felt black sky, seemingly just for me, so close that if I stood on tippy toes I could reach up and catch one between my cupped hands and bring its magic closer to me on earth.

Tonight, I stood on this beautiful deserted beach, alone but a tiny part of this beautiful world.


No comments:

Post a Comment