Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Sunday, 2 October 2011

Remembering how to breathe

I walked along a dark deserted beach,
On sand full of shooting stars.
I crept up upon a turtle
Building her nest, labouring hard.

I stood and watched another,
Drag herself back to the sea.
I watched as a big wave rolled in,
And swept her away from me.

I sat for countless hours,
Drinking in the beauty of this shore.
I watched each and every wave roll in,
I could not ask for more.

I watched the sun rise and a new day dawn
And each day I watched it set.
I watched the stars and the moon come out,
These I won’t forget.

I stood close to elephants,
Wild and roaming free.
Little did they know,
This was a dream come true for me.

I rested and did nothing,
I wrote a lot and read a little too.
I walked miles upon the empty beach,
These things I needed to do.

I spent eight days alone here,
Some times tense and some times free.
I gave the gift of time to me,
And remembered how to breathe.

View down Tangalla Beach 

Sunrise at Tangalla Beach 

Elephants at Udawalawe National Park 

Green Turtle dragging herself back down to the sea at Rekawa Beach 

The Lovers at Sunset, Tangalla Beach lagoon

No comments:

Post a Comment