Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

December 10 – Reverb11 - Ananda (Joy)


A positive frame of mind is a habit. How have you silenced the propaganda factory of negativity with positive thought and behavior in your life in 2011? How has this changed your day-to-day being?

Gratitude
Everyday I think of a few things that I am grateful for and send my thanks out to the world in a little, quiet prayer.

Small Stones
In the last couple of months, I have discovered a community of people who write Small Stones. It is a very short piece of writing that precisely captures a fully-engaged moment. There are no rules or forms to follow it is just about watching, listening, smelling, tasting, touching and feeling something in the world. This practice helps me to look at everything with a sense of awe.

Acceptance
I also try to practice acceptance of the present moment, accepting how life is right now and how I am right now. Sitting in meditation every morning promotes acceptance. Maybe I am tired with different aches in my body and a flurry of thoughts and worries rushing through my mind. Or maybe I am still and peaceful with a less wandering mind. When I meditate, I am how I am and I find it promotes peace during my day.

Laughter
I love to laugh and I love my own deep, full, hearty laugh. Laughter helps me to look at the light side of life, not take life or myself so seriously and to feel joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment