Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

December 12 – Reverb11 - Libro (Book)

Celebrating my 100th blog post today by answering the question, what book did you read in 2011 that was most inspirational? Why?

Both of the books that were most inspirational to me this year speak to the heart of two of my life’s questions. How do I live a life of service?  How do I live a life of compassion?

Best explained by an anonymous reader’s review.  “This book teaches how to change the world by dealing with the little things in life from a spiritually enlightened perspective. You may not be able to change the world today, but you can change your personal world and the personal world of those around you right now.”

This book clearly and succinctly explains how you can be the change you want to see in the world, how we can all make a difference big or small, how we can help transform the world by compassionate service.  He provides tools that are easily incorporated into our everyday lives so that we can embody Sacred Activism.  

Related but worth mentioning, I am so grateful for my kindle that has enabled me to buy exactly the type of books that I like to read that I often cannot find when I am travelling. I would not have read these two books had it not been for my Kindle.


No comments:

Post a Comment