Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Saturday, 17 December 2011

December 15 – Reverb11 - Acharya (Scholar)


What did you study this year? What did you learn? What did you teach?

I didn’t study in the traditional sense of the word. Most of the books I read and part of my focus in travelling was to learn about how I could actively love and serve the world. I learned that the moments I feel most full and most happy are the moments that I am serving and helping others whether it be helping dogs, children, an NGO or even just doing something thoughtful for someone I love. The work and situations can be challenging, hard labour and even dirty and the hours can be quite but there is a certain joy and contentment that rises above all of this knowing that the intent of your energy and actions is to do good in the world. I’m still learning about all of this.

As part of my volunteering experience, I worked with orphaned boys, boys who were unable to live at home because of family break downs and I also assisted at the remedial school from time to time, from where our orphanage boys. I helped children practice their English. I even tried to teach some dances.

I also hope that I’ve taught some things indirectly by the way I live my life. I like to laugh, and I like to laugh really loud. Sometimes its too loud for people around me although more often I think it’s contagious. If you want to laugh then laugh with your whole heart, and your whole body. Don’t hold back, really let it rip.

We can live your lives any way you choose whether it be a more traditional path or something completely different. You don’t have to tick off the list of husband/wife, house, career, children unless that is what you really want in your life. Stepping off the familiar path is scary. Not knowing where you are going can be scary. Life is an adventure. Life happens in the journeying. Live the adventure and create your own unique spectacular life.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
 - Mary Oliver


No comments:

Post a Comment