Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Saturday, 24 December 2011

December 24 – Reverb11 - Regalo (Gift)


What was the most cherished gift you received this year? What were the most thoughtful gifts you gave?

These days, I don’t receive many gifts.  Many years ago my family stopped giving presents at Christmas.  Instead we give the money we would spend on presents to charity.  We don’t even really do birthday presents.  Instead, my sisters and I have our annual sister’s date.  We have shared high tea at the Windsor Hotel and laughed and sung our way around an ABBA exhibition.  This sharing, these memories mean more to me than any physical present.

I have received a few gifts this year for which I am grateful.
My dad express posted my dive gear to me so I could indulge in my passion once again. 
A friend too generously gifted his Canon G11 camera to me after my DSLR camera lens broke so I could continue to capture my sunsets.
My sister asked me to be bridesmaid at her wedding. That gift is priceless.
Amore gave me a beautiful pen so that I could continue and enjoy my writing even more.
Amore’s mum gave me some beautiful jewellery that I love to wear and think of her.
Prime Trust thanked me for my help with a shawl and an ornamental teddy bears in a wheelbarrow of love.


And I gave a few gifts that were thoughtful.
Amore loves boats so I gave him a paperweight compass that looks like a ship’s cabin window.
I wrote a poem and sent it to my sisters.
We printed and framed a photo of our friend’s beloved dog that disappeared a year ago and gave it to him wrapped in blue paper covered old Chinese junk boats and gave him a card with a Chinese junk boat on the front (he loves boats too).

Me receiving my thank you gifts from Prime Trust, Pondicherry, India

No comments:

Post a Comment