Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Monday, 12 December 2011

December 8 – Dharma (The Path)


Wandering can be good for the over-focused creative. How did you wander well this year?


When I created my travel blog back in April 2009, this is what I wrote in the ‘About Me’ section:

Taking some time out to let go, be free and see where the winds and the sea may take me...

The whole purpose of my travels have been to wander with freedom and without any purpose but to see where I end up. I love the word wander, although I more typically use the word roam.  There is such a sense of freedom in both of those words that I love.

This year alone, I have roamed far.  From Phuket to Laos to Bangkok and Kanchanaburi and back to Phuket. Then to Melbourne to London to Bath and Canterbury to Tuscany, Ancona, Milano and Sardegna to Prague to Bavaria to Geneva to Tamil Nadu and Kerala in India and back to Phuket once more.

I have followed my heart in my wanderings. I’m not a traveller who is ticking off the list of countries or places to see before I die and I rarely keep moving around for more than a few weeks at a time.  It’s just not my style.

In quiet moments, I ask my heart, “What do you want to do next?” And there is always an answer even if I doubt it at first or don’t want to listen. This year my wanderings have given me adventure, rest and relaxation in paradises, reunions with international friends and voluntary service in my country of joy (India).

I followed my heart in my wanderings and my heart tells me I wandered well but I could have wandered even more freely.  There is still a part of me that holds back, even when travelling, and that I could let go a little bit more, to live and explore with a little more curiosity and wander with a little more wonder.

Bridge over River Kwai, Kanchanaburi, Thailand

Melbourne's Fitzroy Gardens in Autumn

Pravčická gate - the largest rock bridge in Europe, near Hrensko, Czech Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment