Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Friday, 9 December 2011

Tranquilo (Calm) - December 7


Sometimes the most beautiful, memorable moments are also the quietest. What quiet, beautiful moment do you recall?

Blessed I am that my life is filled with so many beautiful quiet moments. Since arriving back in Phuket after two noisy months in India, I seem to notice them and appreciate them more. Like the quiet stillness below the air conditioner’s hum when I awake in the morning. Or the moments of quiet mindfulness I sometimes glimpse in my morning meditation. Or the dark stillness of night when I go to bed. 

I have two favourite quiet moments:

1 Watching sunsets

I love sunsets. I watch as many as I possibly can and I find it hard to turn my back on them. Each one is filled with possibility, it could be the most spectacular one I’ve seen yet. Although there are usually people around me, my sunset watching is quiet. I watch, mesmerised, as the golden ball dip out of sight. Sometimes it shoots up colour, sometimes it is a nothing sunset, swallowed up by dense grey cloud but leaving the possibility to the next day. Every time I watch, I am entranced, quiet, still.

2 Floating in the sea

My body stretched out star shape, weightless, supported by the tropical warm sea.  The sun kisses my face, my chest and my stomach when it bobs above the surface. Head back, my ears filled with water, all I can hear is soft crackling and the distant dream-like rumble of waves crashing on the shore. This is bliss. This is bliss.
.

After Beach Bar Sunset, Kata Noi, Phuket, 17/10/2011

Another After Beach Bar sunset, Kata Noi, Phuket, 13/11/2011

Naiharn Sunset, Trattoria Buongustaio, 26/10/2011

Another Naiharn Sunset, Trattoria Buongustaio, 7/11/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment