Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Everything that matters


As I explore the threads of my life
winding back through the days
that have drifted away
with the currents of time past,
I recollect the stones
of desires I discarded.
These golden threads,
they lead me back
to the words of a kindred
forgotten in her silence.
Wordlessly we commune,
through images
that distilled life
and captured spirit
in one witnessed moment
before it raced its way forward
on the current of time to come.
I am reminded of what
we both wanted to know.
What would remain
if everything was left behind?
And we both have our answers.
Everything that matters.
Everything that truly matters.

I am exploring poetry with Liz Lamoreaux through her online offering More Poem It Out Liz's love of poetry and her teaching is both inspiring and beautiful.  If you've ever been interested in poetry but not sure where or how to start, try Liz.

Sunrise over the Ganges, Varanasi, India

Sunset over the Mekong, Luang Prabang, Laos

Beach at Tandryankupam village, Pondicherry, India

No comments:

Post a Comment