Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Monday, 24 December 2012

#reverb 12 Day 18 to 24


December 18 – The color of you

What colour best represents the year you had in 2012? And why?
What colour would you like to invite into your life in 2013? 

I don't have just one colour. I think, read and write in purple. I sleep, rest and nourish in soft green. I sweat and move in red. This year has been quite serious.

In 2013, I would like to invite some more yellow (joy) and orange (creativity).



December 19 – Drishti (Seeing)

What is your vision for your spiritual practice in 2013? How do you see yourself achieving it?

My spiritual practice involves meditation, prayer & gratitude, writing and mindful observation. My vision for 2013 is a greater commitment to these practices, to not let life and excuses get in the way. I try to practice first thing in the morning and last thing at night as well as observing during the day but sometimes I get lazy or busy or too tired. I choose to make these a priority in my life in 2013.


December 20 – Lost and Found

What was lost and found in 2012?

Is anything ever truly lost? It may be out of sight physically but there is always memories of what was. This year I got intimate with and then released grief, sorrow and pain. Now as the year comes to an end, my heart is lighter, more open and more peaceful.

There are so many things I discovered internally but what I am really cherishing right now is an old photo of my brother and I standing either side of our mum next to the Christmas tree when we were around 10 and 11. We are holding some new toys bought for us by mum and we are beaming. I love this photo, this memory, of being loved by our mum at Christmas and being so happy.

I also found a letter from my Nana to my Mum dated 30/8/84 in which she shared a poem about Love. When I read it, I feel that my Nana is saying I love you and in a way admitting her humanness and the mistakes that she has made. This is a lovely connection to the two women I loved most in this world.



December 21 – Inspiration

Who inspired you in 2012? And why?
What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2013?

I am blessed to be surrounded by so many people who inspire me in the way they live their lives, their open hearts and their achievements.

This year I was blessed to attend a seminar and workshop by Andrew Harvey. I have never seen someone speak with the level of passion, presence and compassion that he did. He spoke to my heart and I was moved to tears on several occasions. As I explore and really get clear on my purpose in life during 2013, I am asking myself what is that I am passionate about? What is my message to the world?


December 22 – Sukkha (Happiness)

Where did you encounter sweetness in 2011?

Sweetness is everywhere, even here in the city in Melbourne. It is in the fallen Autumn leaves, the bare and naked trees, double rainbows, the tortoise at the park that watches me curiously as it floats just below the surface of the lake. It is the divine smell of the native frangipani that reminds me of Christmas and summers gone. It is in lying on the grass feeling the earth support my body. It is definitely in heart to heart hugs. It is words read and written that capture the essence of truth and beauty. It is the sun on my skin, laughter and in sorrowful tears. It is in moments spent mindful, present and in gratitude.


December 23 – Karma (Action)

Actions speak louder than words. What daily actions will you take this year? How will you start your fresh January mornings?

My mornings start with meditation, gratitude for another day, coffee and writing my morning pages. I also read a poem and let the words inspire me with their magic.

January is also the mindful writing challenge which I will participate in once again.

I will allow time for rest, exercise and nourishment but I also ask how can I give to this day? How can I be of service? Sometimes it’s a few spare coins to the person begging on the street. Sometimes it’s a few words of encouragement or a compliment. Sometimes its just sharing my writing and experience of life.


December 24 – Regalo (Gift)

What was the most cherished gift you received this year? What were the most thoughtful gifts you gave?

My manager and friend, Tracy, and I share a love of books and a love of Carla Coulson’s words and photographs. As a surprise and thank you gift, she bought me Carla Coulson’s Chasing a Dream, knowing that I am chasing my own dreams. It is a beautiful book and a thoughtful gift.

My friend’s two-year old son had he been dragging her velour tracksuits around the house for months as he liked the feel of them against his skin. So for his birthday, I bought him a soft, dog comforter. He’s called Squishy (which sounds like Shishy in two-year old speak) because he has a flat, soft body.  We now have two squishy’s in the house because he can’t sleep without it and he only occasionally reverts to dragging her tracksuits around the house.

Old photo of mum, Brad and me at Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment