Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Sunday, 2 December 2012

#reverb12 Day 1: Palabra (Word)


Last year I participated in a month long writing practice called Reverb reflecting on the year that has passed and setting intentions for the new year.  It was a powerful way to end and start the new and so I have decided to do it again.  

"Sharing is caring" is one of my favourite expressions and so I am sharing my answers to the prompts here on my blog.  You can still participate by journaling, scribbling or typing your responses anywhere and keeping them private if you wish.

I have decided to start by revisiting last year's prompts although I may switch over and follow the prompts of a new reverb12 group I have just found.   

Here we go.... 

Encapsulate your 2012 in one word. Why that word? What would you like your word to be for 2013? Why?

The word I chose for 2012 was focus.  I saw it as a year to focus on what I want to create in my life and focus my energy on activities that support my intent.  I have completed a first draft of my book that I am now editing.  I have participated in much soul work and focused on my love of writing and words and discovered a love of poetry.  I have focused on clarifying my life-purpose working with a life-coach fortnightly.  In hindsight, it has not quite been the right word.  If I had to pick a word now I would choose healing.  This year has been about healing invisible wounds from childhood and invisible wounds from grief.   My heart no longer aches and burns the way it did at the beginning of this year.  I am lighter, my heart more open, ready to lead the way.

My word for 2013 has caught me by surprise.  It is dance.  And it’s not that I plan to take up dance lessons or hit the clubs to dance for fun.  The word dance comes to me encapsulating (forward) movement expressing joy, celebrating life.  It could be literal movement or it could be an inner dance of growth and development.  Somehow I think it will be the two combined as vision, heart-felt passion and drive all align.

Double rainbow over Richmond, Melbourne, Australia



No comments:

Post a Comment