Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

#reverb12 Day 10 – Ananda (Joy)


A positive frame of mind is a habit. How have you silenced the propaganda factory of negativity with positive thought and behavior in your life in 2012? How has this changed your day-to-day being?

I say can instead of can’t. And choose instead of want.

I collect quotes and poems that inspire feelings of awe, gratitude, remembrance, love and joy. And I read them often.

Sometimes I repeat mantras, Sanskrit or ones that I write myself.

I pay attention to the world around me. I take photos and write small stones. The ordinary can be beautifully extraordinary.

I close my eyes and visualize myself in my earth spot and reconnect to the peace, love and nurturing I felt when I was physically there.

At night, before I go to sleep, I silently repeat the Iroquois prayer of gratitude for the earth.

Sometimes, I just sit and focus on my breath flowing into and out of my lungs, filling my chest and feeling the loving expanse of my chest. This grounds me in the present moment.

There are still days I am overwhelmed by sadness and despair. There are times when I am angry and frustrated. I am human. But all of these tools help bring focus on the positive in life rather and I feel more calm, centred and peaceful as a result.

Sunset over Melbourne CBD from Hawthorn East






No comments:

Post a Comment