Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Friday, 28 December 2012

#reverb12 Day 25 to 28


December 25 – Creativity

How did you make time for creativity in 2012? 
Looking back, is there one creative time or one particular creation that stands out for you? (Maybe you could share it here?) 
How will you continue (or start) making time and space for your creative passions in 2013?

This year my life was accidentally on purpose structured to allow time for creativity. I have worked three days per week since February that allowed four free days per week to spend as I chose. I have spent most of it writing and completed a first draft of my book and edited the first three chapters.

I have also followed other impulses from visiting one of the local gardens to take photos or to practice poetry (I’ve written at least 30 poems this year) and lately during this festive season my creative impulse has seen me experiment with different desserts, the raspberry mascarpone tart with chocolate ganache was definitely a winner.

For the immediate future, I will continue to work three days per week and I intend to re-focus on my book and complete the first edit by the end of April. This will require discipline and saying no to those things that distract me from my goal. I will have to call myself on my own excuses.


December 26 – Seva (Service)
How did you serve in 2012? Do you plan to volunteer in 2013?

Although I only work three days per week, I bring myself to my job and offer as much assistance and insight as I possibly can. I carry loose change and give it to the homeless and those begging on the streets. I keep my housemates stocked with crumpets and dessert. If I can see a friend needs help, I offer my assistance where I can. I spread awareness about the causes that are close to my heart right now, The Kimberley and The Cove.

How I serve is central to my questioning around life purpose and future career and I have spent some time this year healing some trauma attached to service so that I can step into my new work and calling.

I did not volunteer during 2012 and I am unsure about 2013. In Melbourne, it seems that there are few casual volunteer options and I was not sure if I would live the whole year in Melbourne so was not in a position to commit to a long-term position. Likewise, I am not sure if I will spend all of 2013 in Melbourne so am unsure about volunteering next year although I would like to if the opportunity arises.


December 27 – Metta (Lovingkindness)

The metta mantras are: “May you be safe. May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be free from suffering.”

To whom do you wish to send metta? 

I wish lovingkindness to everyone in the world. Sometimes when we give, we forget to give to ourselves as well and so I wish lovingkindness to myself also.

May we all be safe. May we all be happy. May we all be healthy. May we all be free from suffering.


December 28 – Agradecimiento (Gratitude)
What twelve things were you grateful for in 2012?
  1. My family – their unconditional love and support knows no bounds
  2. Friends – I have some amazing people in my life who love me, laugh with me and support my growth.
  3. Work that supports my lifestyle goals – it’s not my perfect job, I’m still working to define that and my new direction but it allows me time to do the things that I love and enables me to live in Melbourne and I have a wonderful manager who understands and supports my personal goals.
  4. Melbourne’s Botanical Gardens – an oasis in the city that I visit often for some peace and nurturing.
  5. Choice – I have so much choice, options and freedom to create the life I choose.
  6. Home in Richmond – I am so grateful for my friends sharing their home and family with me. I love living in Richmond.  It's central and surprisingly quiet and peaceful (except when Collingwood plays at the MCG).
  7. Words – writing, being able to express myself and my experience of life is what gives my life meaning.
  8. Myree – I am grateful beyond words for this amazing woman who has supported me in my healing this year.
  9. Body & health – sometimes I beat it up, I eat bad food, I drink too much, I pick on its perceived imperfections but it supports my soul and enables me to do all the things I love. I am fit, healthy and able.
  10. Poetry – Mary Oliver, David Whyte, Omar Musa for his inspiring reading of Anne Sexton and Farideh Karaji-Bani for her beautiful reading in English and Persian at Melbourne Writer’s Festival, Liz Lamoreux for her passionate love and sharing of how to poem. You have all touched my heart and brightened my life.
  11. Soul Sisters – I am so grateful to have connected to so many amazing women this year from all around the world, some in person, some virtually, all real, all uniquely inspiring and beautiful.
  12. Abundance – I haven’t earned so little money since I was in my mid-twenties and although my bank account often says no to things I couldn’t be more abundant. I am blessed and grateful.

Colours of Christmas 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment