Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Thursday, 6 December 2012

#reverb12 Day 6 – Salud (Health)


What did you do for your body’s benefit this year?

This year I returned to boxing. Classes are always hard work but I really struggled through the first few weeks.  I could barely push out a set of 10 push-ups on my knees or do one burpee properly kicking both legs out behind me at the same time.  Where skipping used to be my strength, I could just make it through a three minute round at a very ordinary pace.  Just. 

This is what happens when you stop training your body.... since July 2009.  I eased back in, two sessions per week and started Vinyasa Power Flow yoga twice a week.  When my yoga teacher went overseas, I picked up an extra two boxing sessions per week. And now I’ve started sparring as well.

I’m not quite back to my pre-travel fitness but I feel fit and strong.  I eat a balanced diet and I don't deprive myself of sweets or wine.  I feel good.

Oh and I still love walking.





No comments:

Post a Comment