Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Sunday, 9 December 2012

#reverb12 Day 8 – Dharma (The Path)


Wandering can be good for the over-focused creative. How did you wander well this year?

This year I re-planted my feet in Melbourne and I have not ventured far from my city home.  Now that the weather is warmer, I often spend time wandering around our beautiful botanical gardens a little oasis of stillness amidst the constant rumble and movement of this city.  It is filled with magic.

On Friday evening, I sat and watched the swans and the ducks cherry-bob for their dinner whilst hundreds of dragonflies fluttered and skimmed the still bronze water. I was startled when unexpectedly a small dark head with a tiny eye broke the surface of the lake then sank back down.  Wondering what it was, a fish, an eel, I focused on where it had been and as my eyes adjusted, I could see an oval body just below the surface.  I started to laugh.  It was a tortoise, swimming below the surface.  I watched, smiling, as every so often it poked its head up out of the water, only so high that it rested on the surface, where it appeared to eye me curiously before sinking back down and continuing to swim until I eventually lost sight of it.

We can wander into stillness and witness magic.

I have also wandered with words and with my writing.  By following what I call golden threads, those (sometimes) tiny seeds of intuition that lead to magic and more if we follow them, I have re-discovered poetry.

Golden threads are non-linear.  They wind their way around and often overlap and sometimes double-back but they guide me to where I am going.  My threads have lead me from small stones to reading blogs which have lead me other blogs and to book recommendations and to seminars and courses and back to books, always books.  From sacred activism to healing our connection with the earth to wayfinding to healing through words to non-violent communication to poetry and the power of words.  These are just some of my golden threads I have wandered this year.

The path that leads me to work....Fitzroy Gardens, Melbourne

The path I made on the beach, Tangalla, Sri Lanka

No comments:

Post a Comment