Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Sunday, 20 January 2013

This, here



  This,
       Here,
              Where the bell birds chimes repeat
              And the kookaburras cackle
              Brings me back to centre.

This,
       Here,
              Where the white butterflies gather
   To dance around the wild lavender
   Is wordless beauty.

This,
       Here,
              Where the pond duck plops into the water
              Stretches her brown spangled wings
              Then silently streams by
              Is everyday wonder.

This,
       Here,
              Where the giant trees stretch skyward
              Weaving together their olive leaved fingers
              To shelter this haven from the frenzy outside
              Is nurture.

This,
       Here,
              Where the curious turtle
              Her shell furred by algae
  Circles and hovers, watching me, watching her
              Is oneness.

In this,
       Here,
  Time has no real meaning.
  The sun rises and there is light.
  The sun sets and light ebbs to darkness.
  And in between there is only this moment
  Followed by the next
  Then the next
  And the next.

In this,
       Here,
  There are no chores,
  Only living;
  A constant, slow foraging for food,
  Bathing and grooming,
  Mating and sleeping,
  Call and reply.


Despite the rumbling city traffic,
Despite the helicopters whirring overhead,
Despite the mixed accent chatter passing by,
This,
       Here,
              Is peace.

This,
       Here,
              Where I can lie on the earth
              As the sun caresses my cheek
              And the wind strokes my hair
              Is where I love and am held by the Great Mother.

This,
       Here,
              Is where I come to restore
  My city-tired soul

Botanical Gardens, Melbourne

Lavender scatter, Botanical Gardens, Melbourne

Tree Bark, Botanical Gardens, Melbourne

Turtle friend, Botanical Gardens, Melbourne

Trio of Black Swans, Botanical Gardens, Melbourne

Moreton Bay Fig roots, Botanical Gardens, Melbourne

Sun stream, Botanical Gardens, Melbourne


Thank you to Liz Lamoreux for the "Here" prompt that inspired this.

No comments:

Post a Comment