Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Counting down...


“For ages you have come and gone
 courting this delusion.
 For ages you have run from the pain
 and forfeited the ecstasy.
 So come, return to the root of the root
 of your own soul." - Rumi



I am counting down.
I am not wishing these precious days of my life away
but I am excited about returning to the island,
a special place that holds so many memories,
where my heart opened to beauty
and my understanding of life.

It feels like going home.
I can already feel the tension of city life leave my body
and my breath return
deep and full into my belly.

There are this many days, hours, minutes, seconds until I depart….


Listen to this....



It is the theme song of my life.

And picture all of this, that awaits me….











I go without expectations.
I am not the same person who left there 15 months ago.
I am a deeper, fuller version of myself.
When I look at these pictures and wonder how or why I left this place
I remember the call to return here, to Melbourne,
the call to heal.
Maybe my experience of the island will be different this time round
but all of this will be there,
I know.
This is the fourth time
I return
and close the circle once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment