Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Thursday, 23 May 2013

The ride


Wind
rushes my face.
Its warm fingers
twist and tangle
my streaming hair,
powders my skin, bronze
with a delicate dust,
and carries scents unseen;
cut grass drying,
the woody musk of chag nampa,
sweet frangipani,
the freshness of bypassing rain
and the salt of a calm sea.
At night it strokes
my uncovered eyes
provoking
tears that cleanse,
and pool pure joy.

As I move
from where I’ve been
to where I am going
there is no barrier,
no separation,
no protective lens
through which to see this world.
The white moths flutter around me.
Hidden birds sing directly to my ear.
The clouds expand and drift above me.
The jungle sways beside me.
The sea rushes in before me.
The chores of human life continue
as I leave them behind.

I know in some ways
this is reckless.
There are safer ways
to move throughout this life
but I won’t spend my days
wrapped in cotton wool,
afraid of dying.
Death will come anyway, one day,
and when it does,
I want to stand tall and proud and say;
I made friends with fear and left him behind.
I loved every moment of this world
even when my heart was breaking.
That I dared to truly live.

Me jumping off Black Manta...I'm scared off heights but I did it anyway.  Photo courtesy of David Mancini.

1 comment:

  1. That gave me goosebumps, especially the last paragraph.

    Fantastic photo and even better to know you were facing fears when it was taken.


    ReplyDelete