Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Friday, 4 October 2013

Besancon to Jougne in photos

Walking to Fontenelay from Choye to pick up the path again

Forest walk.  A little bit farther along from here I saw two deer and then a hunter.

Then the path went into a steep valley.  I zig-zagged my way down the left hand side.

I lost the path altogether in the end and had to break out of the forest through the bushes.

I started having a yellow spotting day.

It was huge and fluffy and I love them.

More yellow.

Advertising on a bus shelter

Via Francigena markings

I made it to Besancon and was sitting just in front of the train station waiting for Jacques to pick me up

Jacques gave me a fast-paced historic tour of Besancon in French...




Old boots.  New boots.

This is Jacques, a history buff and pilgrim angel.

And I finally have a non-selfie...

Heart-shaped leaves...

And pink, pink leaves

I think this is Fallerans...

And I'm pretty sure this was a gate in Fallerans...

Via Francigena sign...

The beauty of rain...


Cows are curious.  They often come together to the fence to say hello...



Road appraoching Nods

More beauty of rain...

Forest road leaving Nods

which is a logging forest although it looks well managed

And I climbed hills to be up with the clouds...

I got lost in this forest but found my way out...

I think this is Aubonne...

More beauty of rain...

I am loving moss and funghi at the moment....

This was when i thought I was lost but I wasn't.

Porte St Pierre, Pontarlier

There's often something to block your path.  Through it or around it.  In this case I went around it through the trees.

Old railway line



Walking directly into the clouds.  Amazing!

Arriving into Jougne.

Chapelle St Maurice with Eglise de Jougne in the background

Right foot in France.  Lett foot in Switzerland.

Vestges of the Voie Romaine.  Its quite extraordinary.  You can see the grooves from chariots.

Pear tree growing up against a house which I think was Bailliagues in Switzerland.

In the clouds and the endless path.


4 comments:

  1. Wow Kym, what amazing photos! So many colours. So many different types of scenery. And I do love making friends with cows! :) Ah, I just loves these pics. Well done you. I hope your feet aren't too sore xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I just love the cows. Do you ever pet them? They are so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of my patch, Kym.
    By the way:
    was that Jacques Guy?
    which guidebook were you using? Lightfoot?
    on the stretch between Langres and Besancon, were there many confusing GR145 signs??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is Jacques Guy. We crossed paths in Auchy au Boos when he was walking up to Canterbury.
      Yes I'm using Lightfoot.
      I'm not sure about he signs on tar section. I may have relied more on my guide book and GPS

      Delete