Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Thursday, 7 November 2013

Day 67: Lucca (rest day)

I woke to creamy golden light streaming into my room...


I spent some time sitting in the sunshine on my private terrace writing...

After a slow breakfast and washing my clothes, I borrowed a bike and rode into Lucca...
 
and rode around the city's walls to see its sights...


Trees and blue skies and sunshine...

So calming and relaxing and feeling joyful and free just cruising around on the bike...

This is a private garden and is one of the scenes for the movie, Portrait of a Lady.

I don't know which church this was. I was just cruising around...

And through narrow shady streets...


Past canals...

This was my post lunch view when I lay down on a bench in the sun...

and this was too...

Eventually I found the Piazza Duomo and ate banana and yoghurt gelati looking at this...



After shopping for supplies I rode back to the city walls to watch dusk fall...

and the last of the sunset...

on a beautiful joyful contented day spent in Lucca.

1 comment:

  1. Cinque Terra and Lucca bring back good memories for me. Please send your bank account details - now, or when you get back if you prefer, and I'll make a contribution to your cause. Still enjoying your daily progress. Bob

    ReplyDelete