Connect with me

Hello and welcome to my blog formerly called Gypsy-K. Please note that I am only updating this blog while I am walking from Rome to Jerusalem from September 2015. My online home and permanent blog is at www.kymwilson.com.au. You can also sign up for pilgrim postcards and newsletters here. Thank you for being here and supporting my journey. With love and courage, Kym xx

Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Staying close to the mystery and less planning


“Run from what's comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I'll be mad.”—Rumi


It is the eve of the last day of the year and the eve of the eve of the first day of the New Year. In these peaceful days between the celebration of Christmas and new beginnings, many people in my circles are reflecting on the year that has almost completed, and dreaming and planning the year that is about to begin.
I notice some people have given themselves a hard time for all that they set out to achieve in the last year but didn’t. For all the “good” and “positive” ways they wanted to be in the world but weren’t.
If this is you, I want you to know that you are loved beyond what you have done or haven't done. There is nothing you can do or not do that earns or loses you unconditional love.
There is time enough for everything your spirit needs to experience in your life. Our human minds live in years, months, weeks, days, hours and minutes. Our spirits live in an eternal moment.
As part of New Year dreaming and planning rituals, some people are searching for the word that will guide them in. Some are dreaming into what they would like the year to look and feel like. Many are setting their goals and intentions and planning the steps they will take to reach their goals.
I've seen a lot of beautiful and inspiring tools out there designed to help you plan out and live your most fabulous year yet. I love the idea of them and I have even tried some but this year they are triggering a sense of overwhelm and resistance: So much to analyse and think about. So many rituals and practises to do and think about doing.
Where does just being and experiencing life fit into all the intentions and goal setting and planning and rituals I could complete to make my year fabulous?
Do I have to plan for spontaneity and serendipity to make sure I have time for these experiences too?
This year turned out nothing like I planned. I dreamed of walking from Rome to Jerusalem. I planned it all out and started making it happen within my human sense of time. Then I sprained my ankle, which was the catalyst for a number of other injuries that dominoed up and down my body. I did not walk from Rome to Jerusalem this year. In fact I barely walked at all.
Whilst my plans failed, there have been great gifts in my injuries and healing that I may not have experienced this year if my plan had come to fruition: coming home to my body, a humbling and surrender of my ego.
I would never have chosen this journey through injury and pain myself but now that it has happened I wouldn't change it either.
Maybe the vast intelligence of this world knows a bit more about what I need to experience in life than I do and it knows how to bring me that experience so I don’t have to go out of my way to create it.
There is magic in deep dreaming with your heart. It brings us closer to what I call the Divine but you may call God, Higher Self, the Universe, Love or something else. It opens us to possibilities that we could never think of. If we listen deeply and patiently we hear our heart's true yearnings and callings and we are shown a way through life that may be far different than we could think of with our human minds. 
If we stay in deep conversation with the Divine throughout the year we will be shown the experience of our dreams through the eternal moment not calendar time. Everything unfolds in perfect timing, it's just often not to our human mind's timing.
The group energy of this time is one of reflection and dreaming and so as one human year ends and another one begins, I naturally feel pulled towards reflecting upon my year as well, lightly, kindly and with deep gratitude for all its blessings.
I am also dreaming into the possibilities of my life and wondering what magic and mysteries it has in store for me today, tomorrow, next week, month, year.
I am inviting inspiration, for the Divine to create and express through me in its own way, in its own time. I am waiting and watching with open hands ready to catch and follow the thread as soon as it appears knowing that at any moment I may also have to let it go.
I am inviting in magic and mystery because I want to live a life beyond that which I could simply think or plan alone. 
Staying close to the mystery of this world is the best plan that I can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment